YAWM E ASHURA MUBARAK
- The 10th of Muharram is called Yawm e Ashura. This is the Day on which the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) grandson and his family were martyred at Karbala and it was actually a Friday! We also celebrate this important day to commemorate Prophet Nuh’s [Noah’s], peace be upon him, landing on land again, which is a new beginning for human beings.
“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr of His name through tasbih of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Al Nisa, Chapter 4
59. O you who accept, believe and comply, obey Allah and the Rasul and those given authority among you. If you have a conflict or controversy concerning any kind of matter, refer it to Allah and the Rasul, if you accept, believe in and comply with Allah and the Day of the Hereafter. If you think more deeply even than this (practice ta’wil), it is more beneficial and a better action (for you).
Qur’an, Sura Al Ahzab, Chapter 33
33. And stay in your houses. Do not flaunt and adorn yourselves like those in the former time of ignorance. And establish salat [a system of connection and devotion to Allah], pay the zakat, and obey Allah and His Rasul. Allah’s desire is only to move any uncleanliness (i.e., immorality, corruption and scandals) far away from you, O People of the Household (of the Prophet), and to purify you with a thorough purification.
34. And keep remembering what is recited in your houses of the ayats of Allah and wisdom. Know that Allah is Latif and Khabir .
Name of Allah
Al Latif: The Subtle and Kind One
Al Khabir: The All-Aware One
Al Nur: The Light
ayat: sign; portent; lesson; message; proof; revelation; verse; evidence
salat: prayer; formal Islamic worship that is observed five times daily; making connection to Allah; a system of connection and devotion to Allah
tasbih: *glorification*; repeating the names of Allah
ta’wil: deep understanding/interpretation of Qur’anic passages
zakat: poor-due; alms
zikr: remembrance; reminder; the practice of repeating the names of Allah; litany of remembrance
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness for Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi