“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr of His name through tasbih of Him, morning and evening.
- It was mentioned two weeks ago that on the 10th of Muharram, which is called Yawm e Ashura, there were 72 Prophets who were saved. Below are verses related to some more of the events.
Qur’an, Sura Al Anbiya, Chapter 21
83. (On another occasion) when Ayyub [Job] appealed to his Rab saying, “No doubt, adversity afflicts me and You are the Source of Mercy and Kindness of All Who Show Mercy and Kindness.”
84. Then We answered his prayer and removed the trouble from which he suffered and We also gave him his household and the like of them along with them as mercy and kindness from Our presence and a Reminder for the abidin [devotees].
85. And also mention Ismail [Ishmael], Idris and Dhul Kifl [Isaiah]. They all showed patience and perseverance.
87. And also mention Dhun Nun [Jonah], when he went off in anger and thought that We had no power over him. But he cried out in the zulm [darkness] (in the belly of the fish) saying, “There is no ilah other than You. All glory belongs to You. Truly, I have been among the zalimin.”
La ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minal zalimin
This is read to ask Allah for forgiveness. This part of the ayat should be memorized.
88. Then We answered his prayer and saved him from his anguish. In this way We save the mu’minin [those who accept, believe in and comply with the truth].
Name of Allah
Al Nur: The Light
‘abd, abid: devotee; dependent; subject
abidin, abidun: plural of ‘abd, abid
Dhul Kifl: Isaiah
Dhun Nun: Jonah
ilah: god; higher power
mu’min: one who accepts, believes and complies with the truth; accepter of the truth; believer; acknowledger
mu’minin, mu’minun: plural of mu’min
Rab: Lord; Master
rahma: mercy; kindness; grace
sabr: patience; steadfastness; perseverance
tasbih: glorification; repeating the names of Allah
zalim: wrongdoer; oppressor; cruel; abuser of enlightenment; misguided one; those who knowingly choose ignorance and misguidance
zalimin, zalimun: plural of zalim
zikr: remembrance; reminder; the practice of repeating the names of Allah; litany of remembrance
zulm: oppression; wrongdoing; injustice; darkness
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness for Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi