“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr [repeated remembrance with contemplation] of His name through tasbih of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Al Ma’ida, Chapter 5
15. O people of the Kitab, now Our Rasul [Messenger] has come to you. He is revealing clearly much of what you were hiding in the Kitab and pardoning much. Now a nur [enlightenment] of Allah has come to you and a Kitab which is clear and encompassing.
35. O you who accept, believe and comply, have taqwa and seek a wasila [means whereby one attains nearness to Allah] and strive in His path in order that you may reach salvation.
Name of Allah
Al Nur: The Light
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy
Kitab: Book; Scripture
nur: light; enlightenment; knowledge; guidance
taqwa: self-vigilance; following the guidelines of Allah; watching over one’s deeds to conform with Allah’s rights and wrongs; devotion
tasbih: glorification through repeating the names of Allah
wasila, wasita: means whereby one attains nearness to Allah or through which Allah acts
zikr: mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness in Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi