“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr [repeated remembrance with contemplation] of His name through tasbih of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Al An’am, Chapter 6
98. And it is He Who has made you from a single person and given you a place to settle and be lodged (for a time). Surely, We have particularized and detailed the ayats for a community who understand.
162. Tell them, “There is no doubt that my salat/connection, my protocol of doing things, my living and my dying are all dedicated to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
163. “(Allah) has no partner. This is what I am commanded, and I am the first of the muslimin [those who accept and make peace with Allah and His decrees].”
Name of Allah
Al Nur: The Light
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy
‘alamin: worlds; realms; creation
ayat: sign; portent; lesson; message; proof; revelation; verse; evidence
muslim: one who accepts and makes peace with Allah and His decrees
muslimin, muslimun: plural of muslim
Rab: Lord; Master
Rabbil ‘alamin: Lord of the worlds; Lord of all creation
salat: prayer; formal Islamic worship that is observed five times daily; making connection to Allah; a system of connection and devotion to Allah
tasbih: continuous glorification through repeating the names of Allah
zikr: mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness in Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi