“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr [repeated remembrance with contemplation] of His name through tasbih [continuous glorification] of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Al Anbiya, Chapter 21
107. We have not sent you except as a mercy for the ‘alamin.
Qur’an, Sura Al Ahzab, Chapter 33
- The Prophet is closer to the mu’minin [those who accept, believe in and comply with the truth] than they are to themselves, and his wives are like their mothers. According to the Kitab [Decree] of Allah, blood relatives are closer to one another (have a greater claim over one another) than the mu’minin and refugees (who call each other brothers), but you should still act kindly toward your close friends. This is also inscribed in the Kitab [Scripture].
- Surely you have an excellent example in the Messenger of Allah for those who hope to meet Allah and the Day of the Hereafter, and who do much zikr of Allah.
- Muhammad is not the father of anyone among your men, but He is the Messenger of Allah and the seal of the prophets. Surely Allah knows everything.
- O Prophet, truly We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good news, and a warner,
46. And as a caller to Allah with His permission, and as a lamp that gives light.
- Certainly Allah and His angels shower blessings upon the Prophet. O you who accept, believe and comply, ask Allah’s blessings on him and give your sincere wishes of peace to him as well.
Name of Allah
Al Alim: The All-Knowing One
Al Jami: The Gatherer
Al Nafi: The Creator of Good
Al Nur: The Light
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy
Al Salaam: The Place and Source of Peace
Al Wadud: The Loving One
‘alamin: worlds; realms; creation
Kitab: Book; Scripture; established and applied knowledge; laws and regulations; record; Decree
mu’min: one who accepts, believes in and complies with the truth; accepter of the truth; believer; acknowledger
mu’minin, mu’minun: plural of mu’min
mu’minat: believing women
mursalin, mursalun: messengers
nabiyin, nabiyun: prophets
tasbih: continuous glorification through repeating the names of Allah
zikr: mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness in Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi