“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr [repeated remembrance with contemplation] of His name through tasbih [continuous glorification] of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Ya Sin, Chapter 36
1. Ya Sin [Arabic letters].
2. By the wise Qur’an,
3. Indeed, you are one of the messengers
4. On a confirmed and sure path
5. Sent down by Al Aziz [The Revered and Most Precious One], Al Rahim,
6. That you may warn a community whose fathers were not warned, therefore they are heedless.
Qur’an, Sura Ta Ha, Chapter 20
1. Ta Ha [Arabic letters]
2. We have not sent down the Qur’an so that you will be troubled,
3. But only as a Zikr [Reminder] to those who are in awe of and respect Allah.
Qur’an, Sura Al Muddathir, Chapter 74
1. O you who are wrapped up in your cloak!
2. Arise and then warn!
3. And continuously magnify your Rab [Lord],
Names of Allah
Al Aziz: The One Mighty with Benevolence; The Revered One; The Ultimate Authority; The Most Valued One; The Most Precious One
Al Nur: The Light
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy; The Beneficent
mursalin, mursalun: messengers
Rab: Lord; Master
tasbih: continuous glorification through repeating the names of Allah
zikr: mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari