“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
2. Alhamdulillah [All gratitude and praise belong to Allah], the Lord of the worlds.
3. Al Rahman, Al Rahim.
4. Malik [Ruler; King; Owner of the Dominion] on Judgment Day.
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr [repeated remembrance with contemplation] of His name through tasbih [continuous glorification] of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Al Zumar, Chapter 39
2. Certainly, We have revealed the Kitab to you (O Muhammad) with truth. So connect and devote yourself to Allah and make your din [way of doing righteous deeds] pure and sincere.
5. He has created the heavens and earth with haqq, just right. He has established a cycle by rolling night and day over each other, and He has set the sun and the moon to serve in their orbits. Each runs until an appointed term. Is He not Al Aziz, Al Ghaffar [The Oft-Forgiving One]?
9. Are those who pay devotion in certain parts of the night, in sajda [prostration] and standing, conscious of the hereafter and hoping for the mercy and kindness of their Rab (same as the ones who do not)? Say (O Muhammad), “Are those who know equal with those who do not know?” But only the ulul albab [people of understanding and mature discernment] will remember and pay attention.
12. “And I am ordered to be the first of the muslimin [those who accept and make peace with Allah and His decrees].”
18. The ones who hear advice and follow as best as they can. Such are those whom Allah guides and such are the ulul albab.
22. Is a person whose sadr [chest] Allah has expanded for Islam [making peace with Allah’s decree] and who follows a nur [light] from their Rab (the same as one who rejects the truth)? So woe to those whose hearts are hardened against the zikr [remembrance] of Allah! They are in an open error.
75. And you see the angels circumambulating the Arsh glorifying their Rab with His praise. Everyone will be judged with justice. It will be resonated, “Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.”
Names of Allah
Al Aziz: The One Mighty with Benevolence; The Revered One; The Ultimate Authority; The Most Valued One; The Most Precious One
Al Ghaffar: The Oft-Absolving One
Al Malik: The Ruler; The King; The Owner of the Dominion
Al Nur: The Light
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy; The Beneficent
‘alamin: worlds; realms; creation
Alhamdulillah: All gratitude and praise belong to Allah
Arsh: Roof and Power Grid of the universe; seat of power in the universe; the place of origin; stage from which Allah makes decisions; Command Post
din: way of doing righteous deeds; way of life; right path of connectedness with Allah; way of relationship with God
haqq: truth; reality; perfectly suitable (“just right”); established fact; scientific law; justice
Islam: surrender; submission; making peace with Allah’s decrees
Kitab: Book; Scripture; established and applied knowledge; laws and regulations; record
muslim: one who accepts and makes peace with Allah and His decrees
muslimin, muslimun: plural of muslim
nur: light; guidance; enlightenment
Rab: Lord; Master
Rabbil ‘alamin: Sustainer, Cherisher, Lord of the worlds; Lord of all creation
rahma: mercy and kindness; grace
sadr: chest; heart; innermost self; mind; heart chakra
sadr latifa: place in chest area equivalent to the heart chakra of Indian tradition
sajda: prostration; acknowledgement of Allah’s sovereignty
tasbih: continuous glorification through repeating the names of Allah
ulul albab: people of zikr, understanding and mature discernment
zikr: mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari