Qur’an, Sura Al Hadid, Chapter 57, The Iron
1. Everything in the heavens and the earth does tasbih [continuous glorification] of Allah. He is Al Aziz [The Revered and Most Precious One], Al Hakim [The Wise One].
2. The mulk [dominion] of the heavens and the earth belongs to Him. He gives life and causes death, and He is able to do all things.
3. He is Al Awwal [The Former] and Al Akhir [The Latter], and Al Zahir [The Outer] and Al Batin [The Inner], and He knows everything.
4. He is the One Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods and then established the Arsh [Power Grid]. He knows what goes into the earth and what comes out of it, what descends from heaven and what goes up into it. He is with you wherever you may be. And Allah sees all that you do.
5. The mulk of the heavens and the earth belongs to Him, and all matters return to Allah.
6. He is the One Who causes the night to enter into the day and the day to enter into the night, and He knows what (secrets) the sudur [innermost selves] contain.
7. Believe in Allah and His Messenger. Continue to distribute that with which Allah has entrusted you to maintain and support others. As for those who believe and keep giving (in Allah’s way to maintain and support others), for them will be a huge reward.
Names of Allah
Al Akhir: The Latter
Al Alim: The All-Knowing One
Al Awwal: The Former
Al Aziz: The One Mighty with Benevolence; The Revered One; The Ultimate Authority; The Most Valued One; The Most Precious One
Al Basir: The Seer
Al Batin: The Inner
Al Hakim: The Wise One
Al Qadir: The One Who Is Able to Do All Things; The Doer of All Things
Al Zahir: The Outer
Arsh: Throne; Power Grid of the universe; seat of power in the universe; the place of origin; stage from which Allah makes decisions; Command Post
Al Arsh Al Majid: The Glorified Throne
ayyam: days; stages; periods
Jibril: Archangel Gabriel
khalifa: representative; deputy; caretaker; custodian
Laylatul Mi’raj: Prophet Muhammad’s mystical Night Journey; also Mi’raj
Masjid Al Aqsa: Farthest Mosque; mosque in Jerusalem
Masjid Al Haram: Ka’aba; Sanctuary; Inviolable or Sacred Place of Devotion; mosque in Mecca
Mi’raj: ascension, Prophet Muhammad’s spiritual, metaphysical Night Journey; also Laylatul Mi’raj: spiritual ascension; being raised to Allah’s presence
M’iraj ul Ma’nawiy: Spiritual Mi’raj
mulk: sovereignty; domain; realm; kingdom
sadr: chest; innermost self; mind; heart chakra
sudur: plural of sadr
tasbih: glorification; chanting in glorification; repeating the names of Allah with the help of prayer beads; prayer beads; rosary; continuous glorification through repetition of Allah’s names
zikr: mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder