In the name of Allah, The One Who Acts with Mercy, The Source of Mercy
Qur’an, Sura Al Qadr [The Power], Chapter 97
1. Surely We sent (The Qur’an) down on the Laylatul Qadr [Night of Power].
2. We wish to bring you to the realization of what the Laylatul Qadr is.
3. The Laylatul Qadr is better than a thousand months.
4. On it, the angels and the Ruh [Holy Spirit; Jibril (Archangel Gabriel)] descend by the permission of their Rab [Lord] in regard to every matter (and request).
5. Peace it is, until the rising of the fajr [dawn].
Transliteration of Suratul Qadr:
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Inna anzalna hu fi laylatil qadr
Wa ma adraka ma laylatul qadr
Laylatul qadri khayrun min alfi shahr
Tanazzalul malaa-ikatu war-Ruhu fiha bi-izni Rabbihim min kulli amr:
Salaamun hiya hatta matla’il fajr.
It is recommended to learn this sura.
Qur’an, Sura Al Qamar, Chapter 54
32. And surely We have made the Qur’an easy to remember. But is there anyone who remembers and takes heed?
Qur’an, Sura Al Dukhan, Chapter 44
1. Ha Mim [Arabic letters].
2. By the Kitab [Book] that makes everything clear,
3. Surely, We have revealed it on a blessed night. We are very keen to warn.
4. On that night, every wise decree is made clear
5. As a decree from Our presence. Surely, We are continuously sending
6. Mercy and kindness (e.g.,affirmation, knowledge) from your Rab [Lord]. Truly, He is Al Sami [The Hearer], Al Alim [The All-Knowing One],
7. Rab of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, if you are to be truly certain.
Names of Allah
Al Alim – The All-Knowing One
Al Muqtadir – The Source of All Power
Al Qadir – The One Who Is Able to Do All Things; The Doer of All Things
Al Rab – The Lord; The Master
Al Rahim – The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman – The One Who Acts with Mercy
Al Sami – The Hearer; The Listener
Kitab: Book; Scripture; established and applied knowledge; laws and regulations; record
Kitabin Mubin, Kitabi al Mubin: Clear Book (of references); Book that Makes Everything Clear; established knowledge; scientific fact
Laylatul Qadr: Night of Power
qadr: laws and regulations; formula; measure; the law of probability; power
rahma: mercy and kindness; grace
ruh: soul; spirit; life energy
Ruhul Amin: Trusted Spirit
Ruhul Quds: Holy Spirit
tasbih: glorification; chanting in glorification; repeating the names of Allah with the help of prayer beads; prayer beads; rosary; continuous glorification through repetition of Allah’s names
zikr: remembrance; mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness in Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi