“Jumu’ah is a day of love and thankfulness, shukr. Every Jumu’ah we need to be positive, distribute love, and give thanks to Our Creator for all His Blessings.”
Verses from the Qur’ani Karim
Qur’an, Sura Al Fatiha, Chapter 1
1. In the name of Allah, Al Rahman [The One Who Acts with Mercy], Al Rahim [The Source of Mercy].
Qur’an, Sura Al Nur, Chapter 24
35. Allah is the Nur of the heavens and the earth. …
36. (This Nur is found) in the houses which Allah has given permission for exaltation and doing the zikr of His name through tasbih of Him, morning and evening.
Qur’an, Sura Al A’raf, Chapter 7
29. Tell them, “My Rab commands justice, and to direct your attention purely to Him at every masjid [place of devotion]. Call upon Him, purifying your din [way of life] only for Him. As He brought you into being pure, so you should return to Him in purity.”
Qur’an, Sura fatir / al malaika, Chapter 35
18. No carrier of burdens can carry another’s burden (sins). If a person appeals for help in carrying a heavy burden, it is not going to be lifted by anyone, even a close relative. You can only warn those who are in awe and respect of their Rab, even in secret, and who establish salat [a system of connection and devotion to Allah]. The ones who purify themselves only purify themselves for their own good. Allah is the final destination!
44. Have they not traveled in the land and seen the consequence for those before them? And they were a lot stronger than these in power. Nothing in the heavens or the earth escapes Allah! Know that Allah is Alim [All-Knowing] and Qadir [Able to do all things].
45. If Allah were to immediately take human beings to task for that which they earned, He would not leave a single living creature on the surface of the earth. But He reprieves them to an appointed term (giving them a grace period), and when their term comes, (they will come to know that) truly, Allah sees well His ‘ibad creation.
Name of Allah
Al Alim – The All-Knowing One
Al Basir – The Seer
Al Nur: The Light
Al Qadir – The One Who Is Able to Do All Things; The Doer of All Things
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy
‘abd, abid: devotee; dependent; subject
din: way of doing righteous deeds; way of life; right path of connectedness with Allah; way of relationship with God
‘ibad: plural of ‘abd
masjid: mosque; place of worship and devotion; sanctuary
Rab: Lord; Master
salat: prayer; formal Islamic worship that is observed five times daily; making connection to Allah; a system of connection and devotion to Allah
tasbih: glorification; repeating the names of Allah
zikr: remembrance; reminder; the practice of repeating the names of Allah; litany of remembrance
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Love, Peace and Togetherness in Goodness
Ya Wadud Ya Salaam Ya Jami Ya Nafi