Shab-e Bar’at Mubarak!
Qur’an, Sura Ya Sin, Chapter 36
1. Ya Sin [Arabic letters].
2. By the wise Qur’an,
3. Indeed, you are one of the messengers
4. On a confirmed and sure path
5. Sent down by Al Aziz [The Revered and Most Precious One], Al Rahim,
6. That you may warn a community whose fathers were not warned, therefore they are heedless.
7. Already the utterance of the truth has come to most of them, yet they do not believe.
8. Indeed We have placed iron collars on their necks reaching their chins, so that their necks are stiffened (they cannot nod to agree).
9. And We have placed a barrier before them and behind them and they are obstructed, so they cannot see.
10. And whether you warn them or not, it is all the same for them. They will not believe.
11. You can only warn the one who follows the Zikr [Reminder; Qur’an] and who is in awe of and show respect to Al Rahman in secret (not to show-off). Give them news of absolution and a generous reward.
12. Surely it is We Who give life to the dead, and We record every step they take and every imprint of what they did. And all things We have kept in a clear book of references.
See transliteration of 36:1 – 12 below…
Names of Allah
Al Aziz: The One Mighty with Benevolence; The Revered One; The Ultimate Authority; The Most Valued One; The Most Precious One
Al Basir: The Seer
Al Hakim: The Wise One
Al Haqq: The Truth; The Just One; The True One; The Reality
Al Karim: The Generous One; The Honorable One
Al Rahim: The Source of Mercy
Al Rahman: The One Who Acts with Mercy; The Beneficent
ghayb: hidden; that which Allah has not yet created or revealed to us; secret
haqq: truth; reality; perfectly suitable (“just right”); established fact; scientific law; justice
sirat al mustaqim, siratin(un, an) mustaqim: straight path; confirmed and sure path
tasbih: glorification; chanting in glorification; repeating the names of Allah with the help of prayer beads; prayer beads; rosary; continuous glorification through repetition of Allah’s names
Ya Sin: A title of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
zikr: remembrance; mentioning Allah’s name repeatedly with certain intention and contemplation; glorification or supplication; reminder
Translation by Murshid Shaykh Taner Vargonen Ansari
Transliteration of 36:1 – 12
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
1. Ya Sin
2. Wal Qur’anil Hakim
3. Innaka la minal mursalin
4. Ala siratim mustaqim
5. Tanzilal Azizir Rahim
6. Li tunzira qawmam ma unzira aba uhum fahum ghafilun
7. Laqad haqqal qawlu ala aksarihim fahum la yu’minun
8. Inna ja ’alna fi a’naqihim aghlaalan fahiya ilal azqani fahum muqmahun
9. Wa ja ’alna mim bayni aydihim saddan wa min khalfihim saddan fa aghshay nahum fahum la yubsirun
10. Wa sawa un ‘alayhim a-anzartahum am lam tunzirhum la yu’minun
11. Innama tunziru manittaba ‘az zikra wa khashiyar Rahmana bil ghayb: fabash shir-hu bi maghfiratin wa ajrin Karim.
12. Inna nahnu nuhyil mawta wa naktubu ma qaddamu wa aasaarahum: wa kulla shay-in ah saynahu fi imamim mubin.
It is recommended to memorize these 12 verses of the Qur’an-i Karim. Below is one of its use.
Spiritual cleansing (for a person)
Sit facing the person to be cleansed with your feet flat on the ground, if possible without shoes. Hold the person’s right thumb in your left hand and the person’s left thumb in your right hand. Recite the first twelve ayats [verses] of Sura Ya Sin.